Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Silver Pieces are Finished

Twenty eight pieces went into my kiln... twenty eight pieces came out.  I was lucky this time - 27 pieces were good!  That is not bad odds... but shows that even after doing this for years, mistakes do happen.
My first photo shows the finished pieces.  After firing, they have tumbled for a day in stainless steel shot... adding shine and strength to the fine silver.

The second photo shows the broken piece.  I must have wrapped the silver too tightly around the glass - the silver snapped!  The glass also fractured... so I will not be able to re-do this one. 

Or will I????  Maybe use a new piece of glass???  Hmmmm... have to think it through.

1 comment:

  1. Nancy. I love these. Can you teach me to do this? I have been doing solder on my glass, but I want something sturdier and longer lasting. Let me know if you would do a class with me.

    ReplyDelete