Monday, November 15, 2010

A Day at the Zoo

This past weekend was a busy one for me.  Friday night I did the Mesa 2nd Friday Night Out.  I took my new mascot - the pink monkey who wears one of my "Pet Affirmations" and hangs around the tent with Tim and me.  I hung him from the tent poles, and he changed positions on occasion and tried to attract attention... but alas, no Pet Affirmations were sold.  This was his training night. 

The big day was Saturday... we did the ZOOtique at the Phoenix Zoo.  It was a fun day, had a lot of people walking around, but did not have many sales.  And - no Pet Affirmation sales for the monkey.  :( 



One thing I have learned is that you have to have the right crowd for your product, or make the right product for the crowd.   So, I made special Animal Print solid copper ornaments for the ZOOtique Sale.  What dedicated zoo lover could pass those up?
 



Unfortunately, the monkey did nothing to influence those sales either. 
I think I might need to lay him off... hard as that will be, because he is really cute with his lopsided smile, and all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment